McGing is a boutique consultancy founded by Sean McGing in 2010. In its early days McGing focussed on tasks which combined actuarial and superannuation expertise such as crediting rates determinations, unit pricing reviews and product advice. Over time, we have expanded our services and the industry sectors that we operate in.
McGing provides a wide range of advice and services. We would be pleased to discuss your organisation’s ambitions and issues in depth on a no obligation basis to see where we can help.
We provide personalised consulting service to directors, senior executives and their teams, to assist in identifying, assessing and implementing strategies, operational improvements and other projects including resolution of business issues.
We approach work to demonstrate personal dedication and commitment to your issues and it is evident in our calm, listening, supportive style. We provide personalised quality, valued advice.
- Our People
- Sean McGing, Managing Director
- Neekhil Shah, Principal
- Richard Donaldson, Consultant
- Derek Rees-Lee, Consultant
- Andrew Brown, Associate Consultant
Sean McGing, Managing Director
Over the past 35 years, Sean has built a strong commercial and personal reputation for insight and thorough analysis in the financial services and risk management industry. Sean brings integrity, honesty, commitment, respect for people and teamwork to the professional relationships he builds.
Since 2010, Sean has operated McGing Advisory & Actuarial in Melbourne. Previously Sean was a partner at Ernst & Young, founded and grew a mid size actuarial consultancy Askit Consulting, and worked for big and small consulting firms and corporates. Sean’s qualifications and experience includes:
- FAICD – Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- FIA and FIAA – Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (UK) and of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (1989)
- Certificate in Finance & Investments (Institute of Actuaries (UK))
- Reporting to Superannuation Trustee and Wealth Management Boards for 15 years
- On Board of Siena College Ltd since 2008, Askit Consulting since 1999 (SME), McGing Advisory & Actuarial since 2010 (Sole Director, SME)
- ASFA Victorian Executive Committee since 2013; Actuaries Institute Risk Management Practice Committee 2011 – 2016
Neekhil Shah, Principal
Neekhil Shah BSc FIAA has over 15 years of experience in actuarial, superannuation and wealth management consulting. Neekhil’s expertise includes:
- Defined benefit plan review
- International benefit plans
- Crediting rate policy review
- Financial modelling and projections
- Actuarial valuations
- Corporate defined benefit and accumulation superannuation funds
- Employee benefits including annual leave and long service leave calculations and review
- Life insurance friendly societies
Neekhil has previously worked at Mercer, Russell Investments and Watson Wyatt.
Richard Donaldson, Consultant
Richard Donaldson BSc AIAA has 40 years experience in superannuation, wealth management and life Insurance – corporate and consulting. Richard’s expertise includes:
- Financial modelling and projections including programming
- Actuarial valuation
- Corporate defined benefit and accumulation superannuation funds – financial and other reporting
- Self managed superannuation funds – certification and other calculations
- Analysis and translation of business needs into systems specification, design and prototyping
- Valuation of life interests and reversions and other calculations for solicitors and forensic accountants
- Employee benefits including annual leave and long service leave calculations and review.
Richard has previously worked at Ernst & Young, Askit Consulting, Financial Synergy, Colonial and others.
Derek Rees-Lee, Consultant
Derek Rees-Lee BA AIAA has 40 years experience in superannuation, wealth management, life insurance, health insurance and general insurance. Derek specialises in data and system investigations and analysis as well as more traditional actuarial consulting. Derek’s expertise includes:
- Data integrity
- Financial model building
- Unit pricing and crediting rates
- Management reporting, budget preparation
- Systems specification, implementation, security, audit and administration
- System evaluation, testing, and re-engineering
- Product development
- Business requirements analysis
Derek has previously worked at Ernst & Young, Askit Consulting, John Ford & Associates, Mercer, Australian Eagle and AMP.
Andrew Brown, Associate Consultant
Director Adaptive Cultures and lead.first
Andrew Brown BSc DipEd GradDipAppFin FIAA is co-founder of Adaptive Cultures which supports leaders and organisations to build adaptive organisational cultures. He is also the founder of lead.first, an enterprise that focuses on developing leadership capacity at the individual, team and organisational levels.
Andrew’s passion is to enable people to liberate their inherent wisdom and compassion in service of the lives they wish to lead.
In 2015, Andrew and co-founder of Adaptive Cultures, Alison Cameron, published a white paper on building Adaptive Leadership cultures. You can download the paper at Adaptive Cultures.
The insights discussed in the paper have been endorsed and implemented by practitioners and organisations globally.